The holidays are here and it’s time to celebrate but it’s also time to celebrate being pregnant during the holidays!! Below is our list of why it’s awesome being pregnant during the most festive time of the year!
- “No guilt” eating– This is the best time of year to enjoy yummy treats and extra helpings because you are, after all, eating for two. Grab that extra slice of pie and there will be no judgment.
- Less Work– In general, your work load during the holiday season should be much less. No pulling the decorations out of storage, no holiday party hosting and no shoveling snow. Time to put your feet up and enjoy it!
- Comfy pregnancy clothes– Keep it cozy and comfortable, no itchy sweaters and painful high heels for you this year!
- Everyone spoils pregnant women- Need a beverage or snack? People bend over backwards to help and take care of you so keep those feet up and enjoy the pampering and spoiling!
- Hormones excuse all emotions- Crying at holiday commercials, family drama and grumpy moods can all be blamed on the hormones so have that excuse at the ready, if it’s even needed.
- Get out of parties– Not in the mood to make the rounds at the holiday parties? The bump is your “get out of the party early or not go at all” card. Use it as you see fit!
- No holiday hangovers – You don’t need to worry about overindulging at the parties you do attend, and your friends and families always have a designated driver!
- Holiday shopping madness isn’t as bad– Everyone loves a pregnant person. People will likely be kinder, less likely to shove and maybe even let you cut in line or take extra freebees!
- Conversation starter– If there is ever a lull in conversation or you find yourself chatting with someone you don’t know that well, the bump and impending motherhood can be discussed for extended lengths of time!
- Shopping deals on baby gear– This is the time of year to get some amazing deals on some of your baby gear! Also, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to start your baby registry, people will most likely want to start buying for baby!
What do you love most about being pregnant during the holidays? Let us know in the comments below!