I am so excited to be doing another post for The Stork Bag and I’m grateful for the opportunity to share my experience and make some mommas out there happy. Hope you guys are doing good out there, this one is for all the first time mamas. Being pregnant is a beautiful thing, enjoy it while it last…cheers! However, here is what I feel you should know from the time you see that double line on the test kit and you call out to your hubby “honey! We’re having a baby!” Ops! Don’t get it wrong girl, we’re having a baby alright but it’s you who’s going to carry the baby!
1. One thing you should know is You are pregnant not your hubby, just you hun (you will understand once the nausea starts to kick in and most especially when labor cramps sets in?)
2. You can kiss your wine and cigarettes good bye ?
3. Get ready to know the types of pillows and their uses trust me you will need them after delivery.
4. You get to develop Spiderman’s sense of smell ( yes every smell is x2 stronger)
5. Girlfriend, get a new bra (sports bra preferably thank me later) go for a larger size x2 ?… no I am not joking.
6.Get a good massage oil (argon oil), a good masseuses’ or a good spa.
7. Get lemon water (half lemon squeezed in cool water) take it everywhere
8. Get everything in lemon fragrance or just have lemons around the house a lot of it, that’s a fragrance you will feel comfy with.
9. Don’t ask any mommy about their birthing experience trust me you don’t want to know the details.
10. Get any of these apps on your phone…baby center, glow nurture or baby bump
The good news is for 9months you don’t have to worry about period cramps ? (but you will have other more serious stuff to worry about. Sorry! ?)
It’s an experience that can be explained but best experienced, it’s a life changing period, one that comes with inexplicable joy at the end.
Congratulations to all first time momma’s, your joy is around the corner!